This page will contain a list of Maths for Biology resources. Any questions: C.Bokhove@soton.ac.uk. The slides for the day are here: maths4bio_v5. Note that some slides feature resources from the TES site; they are also referenced in the slides.
Other documents that featured in the day are here:
- Exponential growth: doubling paper.
- There are two excel sheets on folding papers and the SARS example.
- Two videos were shown on the day, the one on Powers of 10 and the Mythbusters one on paper folding. Youtube is also full of instructional videos for all kinds of calculators, for example this one for the Casio and standard form.
- You might want to use graph paper normalgraphpaper and Semi-logarithmic-vertlog_bw and SemiLog5
Logarithms True or False
- A range of practice sheets for exponential functions and logarithms:
- Sample exam questions are here.
- The slides contain the resources used in the mini workshops as well. There were some more documents used, for example this Standard Error information and a Stats worksheet with helpful data sets.
This is an experimental ‘Maths for Biology’ digital book on the MC squared platform, on measures of centrality and dispersion. You can access it by logging in with account maths4bio and a number 1-20 and a password which will be given at the CPD meeting
[No guarantee this works after 2018].
- The TES site has a lot of resources on virtually any topic.
- The same holds for the site of the National Centre for Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (NCETM)
- Khan Academy has a lot of resources on exponential growth.
- A geogebra book on Exponential growth